Sunday, June 23, 2013

Princess Party

What a way to start off this birthday week!  Yesterday I went into work for an hour to give a private lesson, got myself a massage, and then came home to relax.  Megan and I had decided to do a pizza/movie night before she heads back out for 10 days, so I was getting excited for that when Annie texted me and said she was going to join us.  I thought that was great and she told me that she was going to leave and needed me to come to the store with her when she got to our place.  Little did I know this was the beginning of a scheme between her and Megan to just get me out of the house.  All she got when we arrived at Safeway was a bottle of wine...I ended up with more than she did, walking out with all the ingredients I needed for the butterscotch cupcakes that are currently in the oven (mmm!!).  Earlier in the day Megan had gone out with her boyfriend Jeff and I thought they were just running errands but in fact she was headed every which way trying to find Disney princess party goods.  As we pulled up at the house Annie started to get all giddy and when I walked up Megan was sitting on the couch with a party hat on.  She came to the door and greeted me with a princess crown which I wore for the rest of the evening.  She had also put up some amazing decorations and it was like a princess explosion in our living room!  She bought cups and plates that we used for our pizza and wine...dining in style while watching The Little Mermaid.  It was such a nice surprise and I feel very loved.  She'll be gone when my actual birthday comes around but it was great to spend some time with her, Annie, and Jeff.

After the first movie we ran out for ice cream, came back and put in Aladdin.  The Disney movies of our childhood are just so great and I'm happy to know that kids today still watch them.  Truly timeless classics and I love re-living them, even though I'm almost 25, ha!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment