Saturday, November 24, 2012

Apple Hill


Today my mom and I ventured 40 minutes up Highway 50 to Apple Hill.  Apparently my mom remembers going with my second grade class as a chaperone but I don't have any memories of the place and thought it might be fun to check it out.  The weather was great and we really enjoyed our time up there.  It's kind of like Napa but for apples instead of wine; there are a bunch of orchards and vendors selling everything apple:  cider, jam, desserts, salsas...it's crazy!!  We had lunch up there and did some shopping before heading back down to Folsom and finally home.  I turned around and went out not too much later to meet up with my Byers classmates (class of 2006, woohoo!) at The Cheesecake Factory by Arden Fair Mall.  It was originally meant to be a reunion of our entire training group, but not many people could make it.  It was still a nice gathering and we had fun talking about all that's gone on in our lives over the last year.  I'm already excited for our get-together at Christmastime, which will hopefully include our coaches and other teammates.  All I know is that I won't be ordering anything with cashews in it...I found out I'm allergic (to some extent)!!  Luckily my throat didn't close up or anything, but I received a massive migraine-like headache and when I finally got home and looked it up, I found out that that's one of the signs.  Go figure, learn something new every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment