Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Giants Parade




This morning Cat and I hopped on the Caltrain and went up to SF for the celebration parade held for the Giants.  It was an experience to say the least; there were people drinking and smoking on board, seemingly enjoying themselves.  I can't imagine how one even digests alcohol that early in the morning but maybe one day I will have first-hand experience and find out.  It was about an hour trip and the time passed rather quickly.  Cat and I chatted with some random people and with each other and we were excited upon our arrival.  Chants of, "Let's go, Giants!" started up and we were in somewhat of a daze as we were swept up in the crowd.  We followed everyone up a few blocks to the area of 4th and Market and were quickly being shoved, stepped on, elbowed in the ribs...the list goes on.  It was fun to be in a sea of orange and black and it all felt so perfect for Halloween.

We made our escape when things got rough and we grabbed lunch and began walking back to the train.  Along the way we saw on the former men's gymnast, Jason Shen, and Kristen's husband and son, Scott and Zack, respectively.  It was nice to be able to bump into them and talk for a few minutes before continuing on our way.  The train ride home was more subdued than the ride up but we arrived a few minutes late, making it difficult for me to get to the gym on time for my private lessons.  Cat and I literally ran from the train station to my car and I jumped in and was off.  This was especially entertaining given the fact that I was wearing boots...

After all the excitement I wound down a little in the gym; regular practice was cancelled but all us coaches had lessons with some of the girls.  I spent a couple of hours with two of the level 6's and then Cat and I did some core exercises and stretching.  When we finally dragged ourselves out of the gym we went back to my house, I lit the pumpkins, and we had some Trick-or-Treaters come to our door.  I love seeing the little kids in their costumes, especially some of my favorite kids at the gym.  When we are training sometimes I forget that they are just young kids and this serves as a good reminder :)

Happy Halloween, everyone!  I hope it was fun, safe, and enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment