Sunday, September 2, 2012

San Jose Giants





Yesterday my mom and dad made the trip down here on Amtrak to join me for a single-A baseball game.  They've been making it a point to visit as many ballparks as possible and my dad is actually thinking about starting a blog/website about their adventures.






I went to work in the morning and then made my way to the train station in San Jose to meet my parents.  We found a Hawaiian BBQ joint in downtown SJ to have lunch at and we enjoyed some hearty fried food alongside the biggest salads you've ever seen.  Afterwards we killed some time by driving around town, making our way to the house my parents rented for a year when they lived down here.  It was fun to see it as it was my first time; we looked around the neighborhood and explored the nearby parks and shopping centers.  Finally we found our way to the ballpark, parked the car, and got tickets.  It was much more crowded than we anticipated and we ended up with "general admission" tickets, seating us up near the top (which still wasn't bad because the park is relatively small).  The San Jose Giants played the Modesto Nuts and the Nuts were the ones who struck first, scoring two runs in the first inning.  It took awhile for the Giants to get on the board but in the end they came back to win it all 3-2.

After the game we went to dinner and then it was already time for me to take my parents back to the train.  It was sad to see them leave because I always enjoy having them down here but I'll be home next weekend for the Byers compulsory competition, yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment