Sunday, May 13, 2012

St. Louis Bound

It's official!  I will be jetting off to Missouri in the beginning of June to attend the Visa Championships.  I knew I wanted to go but it never feels real until the tickets are purchased and an itinerary is set in place.  I'm really excited because I've never been to Missouri before and the competition should be fun and pretty intense.  Everyone there will be trying to obtain a spot at the Olympic Trials (in San Jose at the end of June!!).  It's an exciting time for the sport of gymnastics, especially for crazy fans like me :)  To get myself prepared I've been flipping around in the gym and discovered that I was still able to do a double back!!  Originally it was Allan who said he wanted to see one (he likes to take a look at the technique I use...who knows why) so after some warming up I finally decided to chuck it.  It wasn't nearly as bad as I had anticipated, which was exciting!  I went back a few days later and added some beam to my workout, but I had to draw the line after I did a back-handspring on the floor because my elbow was not at all happy.  Some things never change...oh well.  T and CJ were in the gym too and we decided we were going to make a comeback.  I still have a year of eligibility left, so why not?

After a draining week (Intuitive is great, but on top of gym it's all getting really difficult...especially because compulsory season is upon us and all the parents want private lessons for their kids; just not enough hours in the day for that to happen), today was really nice and relaxing.  I got up and right into my to-do list for the day, starting with cleaning and laundry.  I went to run some errands after that and came home to bake, yum!!  I settled on chocolate cream cheese cupcakes...SO GOOD!  It was great to be in the kitchen with my music going, frosting cupcakes that smelled amazing.  Afterwards I made a tuna casserole for dinner and picked up a couple of movies from Alex's house.  CJ and I are planning on watching Dream House in a few minutes, which is supposed to be very good.  Hopefully it's better than Cabin in the Woods, which we saw last night (it was TERRIBLE and I would never recommend it to anyone).



Lastly, and probably most importantly, May is a celebratory time for the Carter family...HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DAD and HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!  Funny story:  I sent my mom some flowers but the company somehow messed up the order so she received a card in Spanish from a Ms. Hernandez.  Fortunately, the note still had nice things to say (thanks to Alex for the translation) so not all was lost.  Anyways, I love you, both!  I have to thank you for always being there for me and for providing me with the very best.  Your unconditional love is what keeps me going and I'm so grateful to have you in my life.  I hope your days were as awesome as you are :)

No comments:

Post a Comment