Sunday, April 15, 2012

Happy Birthday, Abhi!

I just got back from a great evening at Reposado (nice Mexican-style restaurant in downtown Palo Alto).  A group of us got together to celebrate the birthday of a former member of the men's team, Mr. Abhinav Ramani.  He turned 23 yesterday and it was fun to be able to gather in his honor.  We all met at the restaurant at 8:30 and proceeded to the bar upstairs while we waited for our table.  We had a party of 16 so it took about 30 minutes for them to get everything ready even though we had made a reservation earlier.  Finally around 9 we were all seated and took our time ordering drinks (some of us enjoyed the margarita special while others chose mojitos, but everyone seemed satisfied) and looking through the menu.  We had chips and guacamole to tide us over and about an hour later we were finally tucking into our meals.  It was nice to have such a slow paced meal because I was in the presence of wonderful company (a mix of people from the men's and women's gym teams plus a few extras).  We continued talking and laughing until about 11:15 when we finally decided to pack up and head out.  Some people split off to go to another bar while others (including me and CJ) decided it was time to head home. It was the kind of evening I cherish; it's great to be with people I love in a nice relaxed setting where we can all joke, laugh, and just have fun.  It reminds me of how lucky I am to have such great friends...a support system that is invaluable to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment