Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Johnson & Johnson

This evening I had the opportunity to attend a discussion headlined by the CEO of Johnson & Johnson.  It was put on through Stanford Biodesign and is the first in a series of talks centered around medical devices and the like.  I was really interested at the beginning when he was talking about his career path and how he got to where he is today.  After awhile though, I found myself trying to research things on my iPhone while listening at the same time because I wasn't too sure what he was talking about.  I didn't know enough about the ins and outs of the company to really keep up with what he was saying, but I did walk away with some newfound knowledge.  In that sense, it was a success and I must say that it was nice to have something to dress up for for a change.  Even though it wasn't a formal event, I brought out my coat and wore something other than sweats or jeans.  Alex joined me (he was actually the one to clue me in about it in the first place) and I'm pretty sure we'll back for one or two others in the series; it's a good way to find out more about companies that operate in the field I hope to break into in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment