Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Goodbye, Melbourne

This morning I had to say goodbye to Melbourne.  I packed up the rest of my stuff last night and woke up this morning and just added in the last few items.  Our flight to Sydney left at 11:30am, so Kenny and I met our parents at Southern Cross Station to catch the bus out to the airport.  We flew Virgin Australia and everything went very smoothly.  The most difficult part was dealing with all of our baggage because we each have multiple pieces.  We were able to make it work and in the end we didn't even go over the weight limit.  Even with everything I had out here, my bag was the lightest...something I'm very proud of :)

I slept for most of the flight and woke up just in time for landing.  Our bags came out quickly and we were soon in a taxi on our way to the Quay West hotel.  Our taxi driver was a newbie and didn't quite have the hang of things, but he did what he could and got us there in a decent amount of time.  We went up to the check-in counter and the lady behind the desk told us we had been upgraded to the penthouse suite on the 29th floor!!  We walked into the room and just stood there taking it all in.  We have two bedrooms, two bathrooms, a kitchen, and two rooms with couches and televisions.  There are also two dining tables and a room with a washer and dryer.  However, the best part is definitely the view; as we speak, I am sitting in the room and looking out the window at the harbour, the opera house, the bridge, and beyond.  I could really just sit here all day.

Later this evening we are going to meet up with someone my mom went to school with when she was younger.  We're going to have dinner and catch up which should be really nice.  Right now we are just relaxing for the first time in about a week, but tomorrow I'm sure we'll get up and hit the ground running.  There's a lot to see and take in so we're going to have to start early if we want to get around to it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment