Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Eve At Bondi

This morning I got up lazily and finally made myself some oatmeal for breakfast.  I thought I was the first one awake but apparently my mom had gotten up before me and had already made her way over to the grocery store.  Once I realized this I thought she might need help getting everything back to our suite so I called her and eventually my dad and I went over and helped her carry up all the bags.  She had gone to the store to pick up the things we'll need to cook up breakfast and dinner for Christmas tomorrow.  By the looks of things we're going to have a day full of food.

After getting back and unloading everything I went for a run.  By the time I got back my parents had gone down to the quay to get tickets out to Bondi Beach.  I showered quickly and then Kenny and I went out to join them.  We grabbed a fast lunch and then we all piled on the bus out to the beach.  It took about 40 minutes to get there but it was worth the trip.  It was a beautiful day and I'm glad we took advantage of it.  My mom and I were the only brave ones and we made our way down to the water.  It was cold but very refreshing after standing in the sun; I couldn't believe I was enjoying on the beach on Christmas Eve.

Our trip home was fun because there were a bunch of Swedish guys on board the bus who were singing along with a guitar.  Even better was the fact that most of the people on the bus were wearing Santa hats or reindeer antlers.

My family is currently gathered in the living room of our suite enjoying the movie "It's A Wonderful Life," one of two films we see each year on Christmas Eve (usually at the old theater in downtown Sac, but obviously we couldn't do that this year).  After it's over we have to get to bed so that Santa can come and fill our stockings.  Christmas is finally here and I can't wait!!  After all, it's the most wonderful time of the year :)

No comments:

Post a Comment