Thursday, September 8, 2011

Five. More. Weeks.

Yes, that's right.  Five more weeks of instruction...my last five weeks of being a student before chugging through finals.  I actually only have one more week before our mid-semester break, where my plan is to sleep, eat, read, and maybe do a little bit of homework.  Actually, I know I'm going to have to do a good amount of work because I have a lot of loose ends to tie up before the semester comes to a close.  I'm in the middle of writing my second big paper, with two more to go after I'm finished (for different classes).  Add in a project that's worth 70% of my grade (one that still hasn't really been laid out for us yet) and I am going to be one busy girl.  This last month of school is just going to fly by.  Even in the midst of all these projects, I have made time to continue some pleasure reading and have just finished John Grisham's The Associate.  I came back from the library this afternoon with four more books that will hopefully keep me occupied for some time.  I'm loving the little North Melbourne library and I'm really glad I took the time to get a library card; it's saved me a lot of money.

All this work and reading means that I haven't really been able to get out and do anything exciting, though you never know what the weekend will bring.  I'm just hoping the weather clears up because this morning (and actually all through the night last night) we had some very heavy rain and even a bit of a hailstorm.  I'm waiting for the day Melbourne decides to embrace Spring without looking back.

Also, more additions to my list:
11.  Jimmy V's Sports Cafe
12.  Pasquel's Italian Restaurant
13.  The Dish:  I want to run The Dish because I think now I might be able to make it all the way through without stopping.  Of course, I've only been training on flat surfaces and The Dish is full of hills and valleys, but I was close before I left and feel like I'm in better shape now.  I guess only time will tell.  Oh, and the view from the top is amazing and I can't wait to see all of the red tiles on the buildings of the Stanford campus  :)

1 comment: