Friday, July 1, 2011

Coffs Harbour

My time in Coffs Harbour was quiet, which was something I needed.  The weather wasn't great and I'd had a whirlwind of a week so it was nice to spend some time relaxing.  Most of the time I stayed inside and read; I managed to get through two books!!  I was really the only one in the hostel, but I sat in the restaurant/bar while reading and a bunch of people went in and out.  Apparently it's the place to be in Coffs Harbour.  And being observant while I was there, I realized how much people were really drinking...at all hours of the day.  It was amazing.

Another interesting observation I've managed to make is that the Greyhound buses have manual transmissions.  Crazy!  I couldn't even imagine trying to drive a huge bus, much less handle a clutch at the same time.

I also branched out and tried something new at dinner last night...beets on my sandwich.  The bus taking me to Byron Bay stopped for dinner and I ordered a steak sandwich.  I knew (well, I had read) that the Aussies liked to put beets on their burgers.  I didn't think I was going to be getting any, so I kind of surprised when I saw that.  But I tried it and it really wasn't bad.  I don't think I'll go out of my way to put them on myself, but if a sandwich or burger shows up with beets on it in the future, I won't turn up my nose.  Yay for new things  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment