Friday, June 3, 2011

SWOT VAC

Our designated study period came to an end yesterday.  I don't have an exam until Friday, but some people will hit the ground running come Monday.  I've been putting in long hours in the Mechanical Engineering Graduate Lounge, my chosen study area.  My brain is completely fried and yet I still have to find a way to get through another week.  I don't really know how it's going to go, especially since I haven't really been sleeping either.  Not a good combination for trying to cram as much information into my head as possible.  I'm really looking forward for everything to be over, but totally nervous at the same time.  They make everything so formal here; at Stanford we had the Honor Code and we were allowed to take our exams wherever we wanted and the professor and TAs would sit outside the room while the test was taking place.  Here we have to check our bags at the door before we walk in and we are only allowed to bring in a pencil and an "engineering approved" calculator, if necessary.  This means that I have to go out and buy a new calculator because my fancy graphing calculator that has the ability to store formulas is definitely not allowed.  The professor sits in the front of the room staring at you the entire time like a babysitter and there are assigned seats and everything.  I feel like I'm back in high school and taking the SAT.  I guess the faculty isn't willing to risk trusting the students here.  I miss Stanford.

No comments:

Post a Comment