Thursday, May 5, 2011

Back to the Grind

It's crazy how quickly you can get sucked back into routine.  After an amazing week off, it was back to the daily grind of lectures, labs, and coursework.  This week went by quickly though, and I really can't believe it's Friday already.  It's now nine weeks down, three to go.  My finals schedule should be released any time now, and hopefully the university will be kind to me and not force me to wait until the very last day to complete my first semester.

I now have to pose a pretty random question:  Why is it that elevators are so good at playing host to awkward situations?  This afternoon I walked into the elevator with another boy (who happened to be Asian) and after a few seconds of pause he said, "So where is it that you are from?"  I replied by saying the United States, and got, "Oh, you mean America?" as a response.  I confirmed that yes, they are the same thing, and then it was quiet before he spoke up again.  "Wait, so you're from Europe?"  I kind of looked at him before saying no.  Finally, the doors opened and he said, "Oh, ok, well see you later," paused, holding open the doors for a few seconds, and walked out, finally relieving me of the awkwardness and leaving me to enjoy the rest of the ride up to my room.

No comments:

Post a Comment