Friday, April 8, 2011

Flat Andy

I had a visitor arrive in the mail the other day, coming from Hawaii, and sent to me from Ms. Annie Lindseth.  His name is "Flat Andy" and he has been a great companion for the last 24 hours.  His mission is to try and travel the world, stopping in as many places as possible.  He joined me in class and at the gym, and is currently sitting with me in the State Library, enjoying some much needed study/essay writing time.  As soon as the weekend is over, he will be leaving me to embark on another adventure; he is shipping off to Singapore.  I hope he has a good time and can see many more places before he heads back home to California!

4 comments:

  1. Your first guest! Wish it were us. Grandma and Grandpa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flat Andy?? Has he changed his name? I know him as Flat Stanley, famous book kid who was squished by a bulletin board while he slept. He wants to visit a friend so Mom and Dad send him on his way in a brown envelope along with his favorite snacks. He has a great time and goes on to further great adventures in his next 4-5 books. That's probably more than you ever wanted to know and to end - I always thought Stanley was a dippy name. Long live Andy!!! Love reading your blog! Cyndi - 2nd grade teacher and Stephanie's neighbor

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cyndi, his name is Andy because that's the name of the person who is doing the project. A few years back my cousin sent us a Flat Stanley, so I think you are correct in thinking that that's the original name :)

    ReplyDelete