Friday, March 25, 2011

Hurts So Good

True to my word, the first thing I bought with my money was membership to the gym on campus.  And let me tell you, it's already been worth it.  After I go today, I will have attended four classes in the last 48 hours, and had two elliptical sessions.  The elliptical is a godsend after only running for the last month...it's so nice and light on my body!!  So far, I've attended a weight circuit class, early morning yoga, a step class, and today will be an interval training cardio workout.  The lesson that I've learned from all of this is that my cardiovascular fitness is so much better than I would have expected, but the strength I had everywhere else has gone way down.  I am super sore right now, and while I "like" it,  I can feel a new muscle group every time I try to move.

We'll see how long the excitement lasts, but for now, it's great.  I'm looking forward to group cycling and Zumba next week, in addition to whatever I decide to continue with from these initial experiences.  And I still have the goal of being able to run the track around the Royal Botanical Gardens, but I don't know if giving it a shot tomorrow like I had planned would prove to be a smart idea.  I can't see myself getting very far in my current condition...my legs are shaking with every step I take.  Maybe it will rain tomorrow and I'll be able to use that as an excuse to do something indoors instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment